The advantages of Judgment sampling are:
- Lower cost of sampling
- Lesser time involved in the process
- A select number of people who are known to be related to the topic are part of the study which means that there are lesser chances of having people who will distort the data
- Good method for pretesting instruments like questionnaires.Some disadvantages are:
- It can be subject to experimenter’s bias and stereotypes that may distort the results.
- The group selected may not represent all the population
- It might not be possible to accurately identify the sample using this method in case the population is very large.