How Many Centimetres In One Foot?
30.8cm is equal to one foot. To make it easy to remember, just think that a foot is as long as a ruler (most are 30cm)!
The Metric System
The metric system is a decimal measurement system, which means that it works in tens, hundreds and thousands, rather than the seemingly random measurements of the imperial system (which has 14lbs in 1 stone, for example). The metric system includes:
- Length: Metres (m) and centimetres (cm)
- Weight: Kilograms (kg) and grams (g)
- Volume: Litres (L) and centilitres (cl)
If you're used to working with the imperial system, it can be hard to get your head around—I'm fine with most of them, but for some reason, I still get confused sometimes when I'm buying milk!
The imperial system uses the following measurements, and was popular before the metric system came into use.
- Length: Foot (') and inches (")
- Weight: Stone (st), pounds (lbs) and ounces (oz)
- Volume: Pint (pt)