If you are not extremely allergic to it, it could go away in about a week to a week and a half. (you will need to be putting calamine lotion on it and taking benadryl to counter react the breakout. If you are extremely allergic you will end up having to go to the doctor and get some low grade steroids. (and it's not the kind that make your muscles grow). Both of my children are extremely allergic and the doctors say that if it goes to your face, it is in your bloodstream and you have to have the steroids. But it will go away if it is a slight reaction.
Poison Ivy irritants can also be carried through the air and be injected into the lungs and eyes - extremely serious. Poison ivy, oak, and sumac are nothing to play around with - get a good doctor.
Within 24 hours you will have angry swollen areas from contact.
Could poison oak settle in your back or other parts of your body besides the eyes. I have poison and have had 2 steroid shots. I still feel terrible and have been this way for 2 weeks.