Anonymous

You Want To Install Kitchen Floor Tiles That Each Measure 12 Inches By 12 Inches(1 Sq. Foot). Your Kitchen Measures 12 Feet By 14 Feet, But There Is A 2 Foot By 4 Foot Area Around The Sink That Will Not Be Tiled. How Many Tiles Will Be Needed?

4

Your room works out to approximately 168 sq. Ft. Minus the 8 sq. Ft. That makes 160 sq. Ft. And therefore you would need 160 tiles. You should get at least 10% extra to allow for breakage & cuts. Therefore I would get at least 176 depending on how many come in a box.
Nathan Corrie Profile
Nathan Corrie answered
Excluding the area around the sink, the kitchen's dimensions are 12 x 14 ft = 168 sg ft. Subtract the area around the sink which is 2 x 4 ft = 8 sq ft. Thus, we now have 168 minus 8 = 160 sq ft.
As each tile is 1 sq ft, then 16 tiles are required.
The best answer is:160

I accidentally went into this discussion and saw this task. To be honest, I feel bad about the mention of the renovation, because I just finished it. It's good that now there is an opportunity to look at good interior options on sites such as Kitchen Cabinets Atlantic City, as well as get qualified help from a designer.

Anonymous