Anonymous

Why Sugar Cubes Dissolve Faster In Hot Coffee Than In Ice Tea?

3

Sugar is more soluble in hot tea (water) than cold tea (water). So if you put the same amount of sugar into the same amount of water you use less of a percentage of the solubility limit for the hot water and it dissolves faster.

Making solutions can generate or release heat. I've never noticed a change in the solution volume when adding water to sugar, so I will assume the process isn't very endothermic or exothermic.

Good luck!

I wanted to check in which water sugar dissolves faster, but it turned out that I have no sugar at home. It's amazing, I completely forgot that I don't drink hot drinks with sugar. To be honest, I don't even understand people who drink coffee with sugar. Maybe it's because they drink bad coffee? I buy k cups on sale and I love the taste of coffee so much that I don't even want to add milk or sugar.

Anonymous