Can You Show Me A Mm Ruler?


2 Answers

Deborah Mann Profile
Deborah Mann answered
If you have a look at this site you will be able to see exactly what a millimeter ruler looks like: Usually a ruler is divided into different sections, such as centimeters, millimeters and inches.

The imperial measurements tend to be on one side of the ruler and the metric ones on the other. Having said that, it is possible to get rulers that just have millimeters on them for more accurate measuring.

  • Metric conversions
Sometimes it is necessary to get measurements in either imperial or metric and they need to be converted to get a measurement that the user is more comfortable. Even though there are some general rules, such as one inch equals 2.5cm, the conversion is actually 2.54cm (or 254 mm).

To make life simpler, there are some sites that will make the conversions for you. An example of one of these sites is this one:

All that you need to do is to enter the measurement that you have and then choose what you want it to be converted into, and the site will do it automatically for you.

  • Metric system
This is an international system of measurement that is decimalized. The first country to adopt this system was France in 1799, but now it is the official way of measuring things in every single country in the world, apart from three. This includes the United States. The other two countries are Liberia and Myanmar (Burma).

Although the United Kingdom has adopted the metric system there are many people who are still not happy with it and continue to use the imperial system, or as they become more used to metrication, a combination of the two systems.
Oddman Profile
Oddman answered
The picture is of a ruler that has one scale on one side, and another scale on the other side. When displayed at an appropriate size, these would be centimeters and inches.
Here is another picture of a ruler.

Answer Question