Why Are Flowers Different Colors?

4

The whole point of a plant having a flower, is to attract insects to collect the plants pollen, and therfore reproduce. Over generations certain plants have struck mutual partnerships with certain insects. Therefore every plant is advertising to a different insect to come and collect its pollen, so they each evolve their own coloured flowers to act as advertising boards, and to make themselves recognisable to their particular insect...

Hello! You probably know that roses have been cultivated for a very long time. If you look in the Heirloom Roses store, you will see that there are currently hundreds of types of roses. When I wanted to order roses for my garden, I was told in Heirloom Roses customer service that all roses can be conditionally divided into three groups: Old garden roses, which have a strong aroma and bloom once a season; wild roses, which are almost always pink; and modern hybrid roses, which are robust and continuously blooming but often have a lighter fragrance.

mike carlsen Profile
mike carlsen answered
Shifty37 is 100% correct. It's evolution ;) though some of them have been bred or genetically altered by humans to be a certain color or show certain traits.

Anonymous