What Chemicals Are Present In Human Urine?


2 Answers

Zachary Craft Profile
Zachary Craft answered
Urine (pee) is bodily waste excreted by the kidneys. Pee is mostly made up of water, in fact 96% of it is water and the other 4% is organic wastes and salts. Your kidneys make pee by filtering out water and waste from the blood. The reason for the colouration of pee is because of bile pigmentation. Bile is made by your liver to help you digest your food. After it does its work, the body breaks it down and that's what causes your pee to be colourful.

When a person is dehydrated, their pee will be darker yellow because not so much water is wasted to make it. Instead, it's absorbed back into the blood. If you've drunk a lot of fluids, your body will be more giving and your pee will be clear. Isn't that fun?

Answer Question