How Many 5 Cubic Yard Bags Of Gravel Do I Need To Make 1 Cubic Yard?

3

A cubic yard of gravel could never be put into a bag, since it weighs around 2700 pounds.  Five cubic yards would be 13,500 pounds.

Perhaps you need to know "How many 1/5th cubic foot bags make 1 cubic yard?"  (Gravel is about 100 pounds per cubic foot so I'll assume a bag of 20 pounds).  27 cubic feet make 1 cubic yard.  If your gravel comes in one fifth cubic foot bags, then you need 5 * 27 of them which is 135 bags (and a strong back with a good truck).

For 0.5 cubic foot bags, you would need 2 * 27 of them which is 54 bags (and they're 50 pounds per bag, and the load will still be 2700 pounds!)

You're probably better off going to a construction/building materials yard and buy it by the front-end-loader scoop.  I think I paid about $60/yd for enough "1 inch minus" gravel to fill a pick-up truck.

aadil khan Profile
aadil khan , Addu, answered

I enjoy a lot when i play this game ,it is the game roblox generator that is meant for the enjoyment

Don Barzini
Don Barzini commented
Another really stupid Arab spammer with poor command of English. Give it up, moron, you are lost here.
I need 11 yards of mulch at three inches deep to do my landscaping , I want to use river rock instead. How many bags of river rock do I have to buy?

Anonymous