The ozone layers absorbs the ultra violet light of the sun and keeping this in mind, its depletion will most likely lead to:
- We will be exposed to harmful ultraviolet rays that are quite capable of causing skin cancer.
- It causes various types of cancer of which Basal and Squamous Cell Carcinomasare the most common.
- It also causes Malignant Melanoma which is a lethal skim disease.
- It also causes eye diseases like cataracts.
- Some of the bacteria are destroyed by UV light and this will also lead to the elimination of useful bacteria like those that help crops grow
- Crops and vegetation will also become dangerous to consume when they are exposed to UV.