Secondary Data is basically a kind of data that has been collected through secondary sources like past researches etc. It includes, census, large surveys, organizational records etc.
The Characteristics of Secondary data are as follows:
- You gather Secondary data from different sources like publications, newspapers, etc.
- It is a summary of a book or a set of records.
- Collection of Secondary data is less time consuming.
- It provides a larger database of information.
- The data can not be personally checked and verified.
- In some cases that data is not reliable.