Protozoa is basically a microorganism which can be classified as a unicellular eukaryotes. Such as Amoeba, ciliate etc. Following are the characteristics of Protozoa:
- They are unicellular microorganisms.
- They grow up to 1 mm.
- They can be seen only under a microscope.
- They exist in aqueous environments and soil.
- They prey upon unicellular or filamentous algae, bacteria etc.
- They can be herbivores or consumers in the decomposition chain.
- They help in controlling bacteria population.
- They are a great food source for micro invertebrates.