Anonymous

How Much Of The World's Energy Come From Non-renewable Sources?

3

Arlene Fernandes Profile
While statistics differ, roughly over 93 percent of the world's energy actually comes from non-renewable resources. It is mostly fossil fuels that are harnessed to meet the world's demands. Some are of the belief that at the rate we are consuming them; non - renewable resources will run out by the year 2200.

It is widely accepted that we are going to face an energy crisis very soon unless we are able to effectively harness alternative sources of energy. Renewable resources could be the solution to our growing energy demands.

So far, renewable resources like solar, tidal, geothermal power and wind have not been well exploited. This is because there is a cost-benefit trade-off for each energy source. It is much more economical to exploit fossil fuels even though burning these fuels leads to an increase in the atmospheric concentration of the carbon dioxide which is a serious cause of the greenhouse effect.

As I know, non-renewable sources make up 85% of global energy consumption - from sources that will eventually be depleted, such as oil, natural gases and coal. But I consider non-renewable energy sources an anachronism. After all, technology does not stand still, they came up with such a huge number of alternative ways of generating energy without harming the environment.
A great example is the portable solar panel, which creates by www.aiper.com/ They are safer, cleaner, more environmentally friendly and recyclable. I myself use several of them, and they help me save money. I advise you to take a closer look at this, because the future is with solar energy!

Anonymous