Anonymous

When Was The Vacuum Invented?

2

d ds Profile
d ds answered
The first ever vacuum cleaner to be patented was a rug cleaner that absorbed dust in the year 1869. The machine was invented by Ives McGaffey however the device was limited to specific use. The Vacuum cleaner as we know today was invented by a British Engineer named Hubert Cecil Booth in 1901. However the device wad huge. It was a big machine that ran on petrol and it had to be pulled by horses. The machine was taken to the house or building where the cleaning had to be done then it was turned on and the hoses connected to the main unit were taken into the building. Several improvements had to be done in order to come up with an efficient vacuum cleaner. The vacuum cleaners became common because of the Hoover Company that came up with a cleaner that resembled bagpipes.

You know, it was invested a long ago. Meanwhile, I am able to use it only now. I am going to buy a vacuum cleaner and I am choosing a good one. If you also don't know what to choose, you can check this roomba 671 vs 690 comparison. It will help you to decide.

Anonymous