Combination of the environment with waste products and other impurities is simply called pollution. And the substances whose presence in air, water, or soil is harmful to human beings, plants, animals and soil are termed as pollutants. Pollution may be classified as air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, sea pollution, radiation and noise pollution.
The environment is being severely damaged by the pollution and is becoming hostile or unfit for the survival of many forms of life including man kind. Following are some of the effects of pollution on environment.
a. Sulfur dioxide damages the leaves of plants. It corrodes metallic and stone structure.
b. Higher concentrations of carbon dioxide are harmful to animals.
c. Carbon monoxide combines with the hemoglobin to reduce oxygen in blood.
d. Oxides of nitrogen corrode metals and stones produce the photo-chemical smog that inhibits the plant growth.
e. Higher concentrations of ozone reduce air visibility and also cause health problems for example eyes irritation and headache etc.
f. Untreated sewage is source of germs causing cholera and typhoid.
g. Densely populated bacteria in water due to pollution consume the oxygen of water. This oxygen consumption affects the water animals and even death of fish.
Its very bad for the environment because we are hurting the planet by adding all this trash in the ocean which makes it dirty and hurts the animals that live in the ocean it damages the plants and when the air is polluted it hurts us human beings even when breathing and even the people that have asthma it so much worse for those people and I'm one of them so help the planet not beat it up
The three effects of pollution are:
1) Pollutants in the water will alter the overall chemistry of the water, causing changes in acidity, temperature and conductivity. These factors all have an affect on the marine life.
2) Marine food sources are contaminated or eliminated by water pollution.
3) Altered water temperatures (due to human actions) can kill the marine life and affect the delicate ecological balance in bodies of water, especially lakes and rivers.
1. Impact on our biological systems; biological systems adapt to carcinogenic substance and alter the DNA of living organisms
2. Environmental: Environment changes force us to adapt. We see shorelines changes and environmental changes otherwise. Ocean/sea levels rise as a result of carbon emissions. We have seen that 40% of coral reefs have disappeared in the last 15 years due to temperature change from fossil fuel pollution; we can expect all of coral reefs to disappear within 20-30 more years...
3. ADD/ADHD and other syndromes in human animals: We have linked scientifically the occurrence of these (ADD/ADHD) syndromes in humans with chemical --and specifically, pesticide and food addititive ---pollution with these syndromes.
I am not an environmentalist,yet I know that if you put toxic chemicals in drinking water then you are poisoning the people who drink that water. If you pour acid or some other toxic material on other types of material then it would eat through it and may cause severe harm if not death. If we are talking about burning wastes then the chemicals in the air are breathed into our lungs and we could get toxic fumes and cause breathing problems. In every way it does affect the environment. Thanks you.
As we all know carbon dioxide is a green house gas which mean its helpful to our planet, but if the level of carbon dioxide increases it may contribute to global warming. How this affects our environment is that plants use the energy from the sun to combine carbon dioxide and water to produce a type of sugar called glucose. If fossil fuels are being burned every where it changes the carbon dioxide level meaning making it harder for plants to go through their process of photosynthesis. This can also connect with cellular respiration because when they break down that glucose to obtain energy from it all the germs are entered into their body. Which can cause it to die. When this organism dies it goes through the process of compactation in which the organism becomes apart of the soil, and after a long period of time some of this matter is compacted into fossil fuels.
It pollutes the water and makes the enviorment bad for animals plants and every living thing.
Carbon monoxide combines with the hemoglobin to reduce oxygen in blood.
In certain places the weather changes drastically but here in florida the weather is bipolar and the air is smoggy
Two words... GLOBAL WARMING!!! The worst two words you will ever here!
It makes the Earth explode
It affects in many ways.like shrinking glaciers,melting of permafrost,trees blooming before time ,rising of seas,oceans.And because of this tsunamis occur,etc
It affects the air in which we breathe by releasing germs that can cause bacterial.this just part but you can look at the science websites it may give you a lot more info that others maynot
By miss behaving of human being
Pollution is making the polar bears move closer to the humans.
I do not no what it is but I know that it is bad it is not good for the environment
Does not make the earth explode with this the earth is like desinegrating ione step at a time if we keep on going like this we all will fall in to outer space
Well you breathe in lots of chemicals in side your body
My name is jacob turner and I want to know how pollution is really effecting the environment
By killing us I'm telling the truth I looked it up smart eh