What Are Importance Of Chemistry In Health And Medicine?

10

Luke Wilcox Profile
Luke Wilcox answered
Chemistry is a very important, if not the most important, aspect of medicine and health.

This is because many illnesses will require treatment in which pharmacists will need a good understanding of chemistry and chemical properties to discover what solutions will be needed to treat the illness. For example, common colds are treated by things like Zycam or Cold-Eaze.

However, for many illnesses there is no actual cure, there are usually things to tame or relieve the symptoms of an illness or there could also be an injection to prevent the occurrence of a future case of the illness.

There are injections to help prevent the possibility of diseases like tuberculosis or cervical cancer. However, many of these injections to prevent these cases can't 100% guarantee that you won't be infected, but they can lower the likelihood of the occurrence.

We do not only use medicine to bring us back to full health, a good understanding of chemistry leads to the development of other things to give us good nutrition, which also helps avoid disease.

With our understanding of chemistry we get to know what chemicals are best for growth:

• Calcium is necessary for the growth and increased strength of bones
  • Protein, which is made up of amino acids, is necessary for the growth and repair of muscles. This is how we know that milk is good for our growth, and protein (fish, meat, eggs) is good for the repair of muscles. This allows us to develop other things like 'protein shakes'.

For any of these medicines to be created, the chemistry behind the solution must be fully understood. This is because some chemicals can be harmful to us or some could be better than others and so pharmacists would need to create a safe, effective drug to medicate the ill and bring them back to full health.

So overall, chemistry could actually be seen as the absolute basis of health and medicine.
Arafat Hossain Profile
Arafat Hossain answered

Chemistry is important in medicine because most diseases, injuries, and treatments involve chemicals and chemical processes. By understanding chemistry, we are able to develop drugs that fight disease, develop better nutrition, and develop healthier environments to avoid disease.

Medicines help to live long

Roger Macario Profile
Roger Macario answered

Now-a-days many of the changes we observe in the world today are due to chemical reactions. Chemistry is very important because it helps us to know the composition, structure& changes of matter. In our day to day life  various chemical are being used in various from, such as some are seen in the food we take while some of those used clanging etc.In Health field chemistry plays an vital role as we has seen the diagnostic tests carried out in laboratories, medical prescriptions, pills, the vaccines, the antibiotics play very vital role in health monitoring. Right from birth control to enhancement of life expectancy- all have been made possible using the unequivocal services of Chemistry.Where as in Medical field it is very important to understand chemistry so that how vitamins, supplements, and drugs can help or harm us. Part of the importance’s of chemistry lies in developing and testing new medical treatments and medicines.

http://symbiosisonlinepublishing.com/palliative-medicine-care/

Bikergirl Anonymous Profile

The human body is obtusely complicated entity with many mechanisms that are influenced if not controlled by chemicals in many ways.

Meg Thomas Profile
Meg Thomas answered

Sounds interesting. Medicine is now making quite interesting discoveries, by the way. For example, nootropics, it is quite effective means to boost your body's work. For example, I use nootropics to feel less tired. Here is a link to their website https://afinil.com/nootropics/cheap-modapro-200mg/. Here you can read about it in more detail.

Chemistry is a necessary part of medicine. I can't even imagine how would medicine develop without chemistry. All our remedies are made with chemistry and I don't know how I would live without Pramiracetam Nootropic and it is also made by chemics. So, this is a great science!

Bobo Cat Profile
Bobo Cat answered

Good day. I agree that people themselves should choose a treatment method. But it’s better to turn to trusted specialists, and then after first aid and consultation to be treated at home. It was so with my back. Due to constant reading in a bad position, my back ached. Then I went to the doctor. He helped me. And at home, I already carried out prevention. I then used the Snailax Hand Massager for the back. Very cool stuff. You can look at the review on it here: communityclinicassociation.org
This helped me a lot. Take care of yourself and your health.

To know how different mechanisms work in the body especially at the biochemical level

Anonymous