- Mariano Yogore was a Full Professor in the Department of Microbiology at the University of Chicago and published over 50 scientific works, he was awarded the Philippine Man of Science in 1964.
- Dr. Czarina Aya-ay Saloma-Akpedonu was granted Outstanding Young Scientist of the Philippines Award in 2007 and has published many works that have broadened the field of Sociology and Anthropology.
- Francisco Quisumbing was a chemist, he invented the world famous Quink Ink that is used in pens all over the world.
- Dr. Raymundo Santiago Punongbayan greatly advanced the understanding of volcanic eruption prediction and was the former director of the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS)
- Baldomero Olivera is famous for the discovery of many cone snail toxins which hold great importance in the field of neuroscience.
- León María Guerrero, before a career in politics, was an influential botanist. He was respected so much so that a genus of plants, Guerreroia monocephala, and a species of orchids, Dendrobium guerreroi, are named in his honor. He was also the first licensed pharmacist in the Philippines.
- Dioscoro L. Umali's research helped improve yields of corn, rice and other economical plants, especially in upland areas.
- Fe del Mundo (born November 27, 1911) is a pioneer in the field of pediatrics. She is the founder of the first pediatric hospital in the Philippines and is believed to be the first woman admitted as a student of the Harvard Medical School
- Conrado Singian Dayrit, a former president of the Federation of Asian Scientific Academies and Societies was known as Dr. Coconut due to his advocacy of the health benefits of coconut oil.
- Paulo C. Campos was the inaugural president of the National Academy of Science and Technology and famed for his work in nuclear medicine.
4.homi jahangir bhabha
6.hans christian oersted
7.c n rao
9.s n bose
Was invented the voltage
Arturo Alcaraz. Doctor Arturo Alcaraz is a volcanologist specializing in geothermal energy development. In 1967, Arturo Alcaraz and team powered an electric light bulb using steam-powered electricity. Power coming from a Volcano near the town of Tiwi. This was the first geothermal power generated in the Philippines.
Benjamin Almeda. Benjamin Almeda designed a food-processing machine. In 1954, Benjamin Almeda founded the Almeda Cottage Industry (now the Almedah Food Machineries Corporation) which manufactured his basic food processing inventions including his rice grinder, meat grinder and coconut grater.
Julian Banzon. Filipino chemist, Julian Banzon researched methods of producing alternative fuels. Julian Banzon experimented with the production of ethyl esters fuels from sugarcane and coconut, and invented a means of extracting residual coconut oil by a chemical process rather than a physical process. BS in Chemistry from the University of the Philippines - 1930 and Ph.D. In Biophysical Chemistry from Iowa State University - 1940.
Ramon Barba. Ramon Barba invented practical flower induction treatments. Filipino scientist, Ramon Barba is best known for his advancements in mango farming research and tropical tree physiology. Ramon Barba invented techniques to promote crop flowering using a potassium nitrate spray. The Philippines is a leading exporter of mangoes and mango products. B.S. Agronomy (Fruits) University of the Philippines - 1958 and M. Sci. Horticulture, University of Georgia - 1962
Benjamin Cabrera. Doctor Benjamin Cabrera has developed innovations in drug treatments against diseases caused by mosquitoes and agricultural soil. Doctor Benjamin Cabrera has written more than a hundred scientific publications on medical parasitology and public health - in particle research on filariasis. 1945 - M.D. At the University of the Philippines and 1950 -M.P.H.in Medical Parasitology and Public Health at Tulane University
Paulo Campos. Filipino scientist, Paulo Campos built the first radioisotope laboratory in the Philippines. Doctor Paulo Campos is a specialist in nuclear medicine and the award winning writer of over seventy-five scientific papers including: Observation of Some Parameter of Insulin Action; Cr-51 Tagged Red Cell Studies; and The Genetic Factor in Endemic Goiter
* Source: blog.go-here.nl/8198
You can add Angel Alcala and Ramon Barba who are the new Filipino geniuses proclaimed as National Scientist of the Philippines last June 2014. Source: http://buymebuddy.com/blog/view/6393/a-tribute-to-the-geniuses
I have known 10 local scientists
1.Casimiro del rosario
7.Juan salcedo Jr.